On January 29th, 2019, in Brussels, the European Commission will organise a conference on disinformation. As stated by the EC, this will be “an important event for the platforms to present the concrete measures taken pursuant to the Code of Practice on disinformation of 26 September 2018, particularly in view of next year European Parliament elections. It will also be a good opportunity to discuss different fact-checking initiatives undertaken following the Commission Communication of 26 April 2018, and to give voice to the media literacy constituency and learn more about their actions to counter disinformation”. During the event T6 Ecosystems will be at the SOMA booth (http://www.disinfobservatory.org/) to present the project and looking forward opportunity for collaboration within the project with any interested stakeholder.
- The Digital and Social innovation Manifesto. Sign up to be part of a Community of Innovators
- SOMA booth at the conference “Countering Disinformation: towards a more transparent, credible and diverse digital media ecosystem”. Brussels, January 29th 2019.
- Discussing Disinformation at the EUGEO 2019. Call for paper is now open to contribute to the session “How to measure disinformation? A call for Geography to tackle “fake news”.
- Policy whitepaper to influence budget distribution in the next MFF for Creative and Cultural Industries
- Social Observatory for Disinformation and Social Media Analysis launched on November 2018.